National Publication – Quality Australia
Quality Australia magazine is the Official Journal of the Australian Organisation for Quality.
It is published quarterly. Each edition contains information from each member State AOQ, as well as a series of columns on topical subjects and at least one full length paper.
Advertising potential is high as the Journal is read by many decision makers, including quality practitioners, middle and senor managers from a wide range of industries including but not restricted to health, government, manufacturing, IT, Six Sigma, primary industry and food, mining, services, and universities.
Affiliation with International Quality Organisations
AOQ has Memoranda of Association with a number of International sister organisations including:
- New Zealand Organisation for Quality-NZOQ;
- Asia Pacific Quality Organisation-APQO;
- European Organisation for Quality-EOQ;
- Institute of Quality Assurance (UK)-IQA;
- American Society for Quality-ASQ; and
- Various other international organisations.
AOQ is able to provide members and clients with information on trends and issues in quality wherever they emerge.
Consulting and Auditing
Individual branches have arrangements in place to conduct consulting and auditing services for members and non-members in a variety of management technologies. Activities are controlled through the evaluation of sub-contractors prior to contracting. Consultants registers are in place.
Partnering with Academia
AOQ has in place a number of arrangements with Universities around Australia and New Zealand.
Qualcon 2008, 2011 & 2014 promotes arrangements in place with the University of South Australia.
Qualcon 2005 had arrangements in place with:
- The University of Western Sydney (through Incite)
- The University of Melbourne (through EACC) and
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
National Register for Management Systems Auditors
In response to many requests from industry, AOQ is establishing set a register for Management Systems Auditors.
This registration seeks to register only those persons that meet the following criteria:
1. Knowledge of auditing-both practical and theoretical
2. Knowledge of business principles, and
3. Knowledge of the relevant standard.
Representations on Standards Committees
AOQ member interests are represented through membership of nine Standards Australia Technical Committees:
- QR-001: Quality Systems for the Project Industry
- QR-002: Quality of Service
- QR-003: Software Quality Systems
- QR-004: Statistical Quality Procedures
- QR-005: Dependability
- QR-006: Quality Assessments and Audits
- QR-007: Quality Terminology
- QR-008: Quality Systems
- QR-009: Quality Management Measurement and Test